Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole

I love a recipe that is a meal all in itself. Here's a good one for you! A Tex-Mex casserole that is very filling and a family pleaser too!

I went a little heavy on the rice so it was a bit dryer than I would have liked. If I would have stuck to the 2 c. that the recipe calls for then it would have been perfect. My hubby poured some extra salsa on top of his to make it more moist. Either way, it was delicious!



Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole
Source: The Well-Fed Newlyweds

2 c. cooked chicken, chopped
4 c. cooked brown (or white) rice
1 c. corn
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 oz. can diced green chiles
1 c. sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, etc.), plus extra for the topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, corn, black beans, chiles, sour cream, salsa, and cheese. Mix well. Transfer the chicken mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.

Serves 4 to 6.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny. I was wondering what I was going to do with my leftover chicken tonight. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! Wonder how this would be with taco seasoned beef/venison instead of chicken?

    ReplyDelete