Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pretty Petal Cake



I made this cake a couple weeks ago. I had a couple job interviews last week so I wanted to practice up on my cake decorating skills and add another cake to my portfolio! It's called a petal cake and my inspiration came from Half Baked - The Cake Blog. This is my favorite cake so far! Iced with a simple buttercream and topped with a pretty gumpaste flower.



Want to know more about my interviews? They both went really well and I feel so blessed to have pretty much found my dream job right off the bat. I started working for The Dexter Bakery last week and am in love! Right now I am working alongside their other baker making cupcakes, cookies, sweet breads, pretzels, etc. I am also going to help them expand their wedding and special occasion cake line. It's perfect and I have loved every minute of it so far.



If you are in the Ann Arbor/Dexter area stop by the bakery and say hi! The bakery is nearly 100 years old and has so much personality! Each morning their racks are filled with the most amazing baked goods.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new adventure. I hope your continue success. Also I hope you do not stop sharing recipes. I love to cook and bake. The guys I was in the Army with loved it, now the guys at Camp Atterbury where I work as a civilian love it too.

    Thank you,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!! You are very deserving and it's great to see hard work pay off. If I'm ever in the Ann Arbor area I wiki definitely stop in to see you. In the meantime keep your recipes coming and let us hear about your experiences at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red,
    Thanks so much for your comment! People like you are my motivation to keep on blogging! :) While I won't have as much free time as I used to, I have every intention to keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie,
    Thank you for following my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I am very excited about my new job and this new chapter in my life! I will definitely keep blogging with new recipes and my experiences along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I want to make Mickey mouse cupcakes for baby shower on Saturday. It's for my grandson. Do you have easy tips for me, in a way to do them. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mickey mouse cupcakes sound like a lot of fun! I would think you could make them by using regular and mini size Oreos on top of a frosted cupcake.

    ReplyDelete