Saturday, February 4, 2012

Granola Energy Balls

For one of my culinary classes, I have to leave the house at 1pm and don't get home until 10:45pm. We don't get a long enough break to actually pack a dinner or large snack and since it's a bread class it takes a long time to mix, proof, and bake the bread before there is anything edible. We usually don't sample our work until around 9pm. Needless to say, I usually get VERY hungry in between that time. I saw these energy balls on Pinterest and made them a couple weeks ago. They taste great and are good for me. They are perfect to pop in my mouth during the few short breaks that we do get. They are the key to keeping my energy level up and stop my stomach from growling all evening.



Granola Energy Balls
Source: The Marathon Mom

2 c. oats
2 c. coconut flakes
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. ground flaxseed
1 c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. honey
2 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon (optional)

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Roll into bite-size balls. Store in fridge.

1 comment:

  1. My son is in college and works part time as a personnel trainer. He is running into the same problem with long school hours as well as work hours. He also likes to keep his eating at a healthy level. These are perfect for him. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete