Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings

Thanks Hanging On By A Thread for this wonderful chicken and dumpling recipe! Like K, I used the whole can of biscuits, instead of only 4. It made it less soupy but we are all about carbs in this house. :) It was such a warm, delicious comfort food to eat on a cold winter evening.



Chicken and Dumplings
Source: Hanging On By A Thread

4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I cubed mine instead of shredding)
2 T. of Butter
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Small Diced Onion
1 T. Dried Parsley
1 can Grands Flakey Refrigerated Biscuits

Put chicken, butter, soup, onion and parsley in a crock pot and cook on high 4-6 hours. As the chicken gets tender shred it with a fork. (I cooked mine for 5 hours before adding the biscuits)
Next, get your biscuits ready. Slice each biscuit into 8 pieces (the original recipe uses only 4 biscuits, I used the whole can. We love carbs at our house!). Stir into chicken mixture and cook for another hour.

If mixture is too thick you can add chicken broth or stock to thin it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathie,
    I saw this when you first posted it and I am going to make it today. Looks yummy. Thought I would give it a try before I put my crockpot away for the spring/summer season.(don't use it much during those months) I was going to take a chance and add in some peas and carrots for more of a pot pie feel. Any thoughts? Love your blog. And I am for sure going to make that key lime pie you just posted. Thanks
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete