Friday, January 20, 2012

Culinary School (Artisan Breads) - Weeks 1 and 2



Look at all that gorgeous bread! I've completed the first two weeks of my Artisan Breads class and so far it's been a blast! It's my favorite class so far! Perhaps because I am a huge carb lover!

The first week of class we made two types of Baguettes, Bacon & Onion Bread, Bialy ("poor man's bagels" topped with caramelized onions, garlic, and poppyseeds), and Fougasse with olives.

The second week of class (and when I remembered to take pictures) we made Baguettes, Ciabatta Bread dusted with cornmeal, Filoncini Burro Y Nocci, Foccacia with roasted green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese, Italian Rustic Boules, and Golden Raisin & Walnut bread. All the breads were made using either a Poolish or a Biga pre-ferment.

My Artisan Bread class is 8 hours long (2pm-10pm) so we literally get to bake all afternoon/evening! Next week we are learning all about sourdough breads! Can't wait!!!

From top to bottom: Baguettes, Ciabatta, Foccacia w/green peppers, onions, mushrooms and parmesan cheese.


From top to bottom: Italian Rustic, Golden Raisin & Walnut, and Filoncini Burro Y Nocci.


I love bread!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment