Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chinese Chicken Wings

Here's another wonderful Chinese recipe that my father-in-law taught me how to make. My hubby is so excited that I can make this now because it's one of his favorites!

Chinese chicken wings are super easy to make. I served them with white rice and fresh green beans. Serve the sauce on top of the white rice and call me when you make this so I can invite myself over for dinner. :)



Chinese Chicken Wings
Source: my father-in-law

1/2 bag frozen chicken wings
Green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used a sweet onion)
5-6 Garlic cloves, whole
Ginger, cut into small slivers (optional)
2 - 3 T. Vegetable oil
5 T. Soy sauce
1 T. Sesame oil
1 1/2 T. Sugar
3 T. Chinese Chinkiang vinegar

Thaw 1/2 bag of wings in refrigerator or cold water until no longer frozen. Rinse off and dry.

Add 2-3 T. oil to hot pan and add onion, garlic, ginger, and chicken stirring to saute for about 3 minutes.

Add 5 T. soy sauce, 1 T. sesame oil, 3-4 T. water, 1 1/2 T. sugar and stir.

Turn heat down to low, cover pan and let cook on med-low for 15 minutes.

Remove lid, turn heat back up to high and reduce the sauce (approximately 6 minutes). Stir to make sure the sauce does not burn on the bottom of the pan.

Remove from heat, add 3 T. vinegar, stir, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment