Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Raspberry Vinaigrette

Here's the Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe I served with the Asiago Crisped Spinach and Raspberry Salad. I used some raspberries that we picked up from the farmer's market and it was so fresh and sweet tasting. Went great with the spinach and cheese crisps!

Raspberry Vinaigrette
Source: allrecipes.com

1 1/3 c. fresh raspberries or thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
1/3 c. chicken broth
2 T. sugar
1 T. cider vinegar
2 1/2 t. olive or canola oil
2 t. Dijon mustard
mixed salad greens or spinach

Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice; discard seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the broth, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and reserved juice. Refrigerate. Shake before serving over salad greens.

Kathie's Note: I made this dressing by throwing everything into my blender and then straining out the seeds at the end. (It's amazing how many little seeds are in raspberries!)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm - I'm a sucker for a good vinaigrette dressing, but I haven't tried making my own yet. This sounds amazing, I think I will have to give it a try. Do you think it'd still be good with a few extra raspberries in there?

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete