Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mexican Yuk

The name of this recipe cracks me up every time I say it but none-the-less this is a fabulous recipe that my Mom would make for us kids all the time. I love making it for my family now that I'm grown up and have my own kids. I talked to my Mom on the phone tonight and discovered that she make Mexican Yuk tonight too. What a coincidence!

I did not go shy on the mozzarella cheese which made it even that much better. (That's what I get for buying a 5-pound bag of cheese at Sam's Club! :) I served it with Spanish rice.




Mexican Yuk
Source: old church cookbook

1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1 can (15.75 oz) Brooks chili hot beans
1 can tomatoes with green chilis
1 can cream of chicken
Taco flavored Doritos
Mozzarella cheese

Crush Doritos and then line a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch pan with Doritos. Sprinkle on hamburger. Put chili beans on hamburger. Put tomatoes on beans (liquid included). Put about 1/4 can of water in soup, mix together and then pour over yuk.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Top with mozzarella cheese then put back in oven until the cheese is melted.

Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I am having this tonight! New follower! I am inspired by your blog. I am a mom to 4 and when my youngest gets older i too want to go to culinary school!

    ReplyDelete