Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken & Gnocchi Soup

I have always been a fan of The Olive Garden. I love their soup and salad! 95% of the time I go there I will order just that - their unlimited soup and salad. Their Chicken & Gnocchi soup is wonderful! A couple years ago I looked on Google and found a copycat recipe for it. (There are tons of copycat recipes out there now for OG's chicken & gnocchi soup and I can't recall where I found this one to give them credit.)

You will be pleasantly surprised at how close this recipe resembles the bowl of soup you can get at The Olive Garden. My husband and I both love it but I try not to cook it too often since it is heavy on the butter and cream. :) I hope you will enjoy it too.





Copycat Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup

1/3 c. butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb. chicken, cubed or large chunks
1/3 c. flour
1/2 carrot, shredded (I used a whole carrot)
1 stick of celery, shredded
1/4 c. onion, shredded
1/2 c. fresh spinach, torn in pieces
2 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy cream
3 chicken bouillon cubes
cracked pepper to taste
17.6 oz. gnocchi

On medium heat, melt butter in soup pot. Add in the garlic and saute. Add your chicken and cook throughout. Add flour and stir well until the flour is cooked into the chicken. Next add milk and heavy cream. Then add the veggies (carrots, celery, onion, spinach). Add 3 bouillon cubes. Add your gnocchi last (it only takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout). Mix ingredients well until soup thickens, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so making this for dinner tonight!!! I have everything I need at home AND I went to the gym so I'm not afraid of the butter and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! That's awesome that you already have all the ingredients too! Seems like every time I see a recipe I want to make, I am missing at least 1 essential ingredient! :)

    ReplyDelete