Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken

I have been so tired lately. Seems like the 3rd trimester fatigue has hit hard. I needed to find a recipe that I could just throw in the crock pot this morning and it would be all ready for us this evening. I was thinking MEXICAN and this recipe did not let me down. It's a Kraft recipe and is so simple and so delicious!

*Note, I substituted chicken thighs for chicken breasts. My husband and I are huge fans of chicken thighs. I buy them in bulk at Costco!



SLOW COOKER TEX-MEX CHICKEN

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
2 T. (1/2 of 1-1/4-oz. pkg.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
2 T. flour
1 each green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
1 c. frozen corn
1-1/2 c. TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 c. KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese

TOSS chicken with taco seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).

STIR just before serving.

SERVE with white rice and top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

*My sincere apologies - the picture of this accidentally got deleted! :( I will add a new picture when I make it again. In the meantime, feel free to click on the Kraft link above to view their picture.

1 comment: